Asus ROG Swift PG278Q or Acer XB270HU Gync help please

GillyH

Honorable
May 27, 2015
Hello,

I narrowed it down to two monitors and do not know enough to decide. Should I get the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405 or Acer XB270HU Gync http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009742?

I will be playing mostly FPS's or casual games. I play mainly FPS's but am not super hardcore.

From what I understand theAsus has better MS 1MS to 4, but the Acer is has a better panel, the IPS panel - maybe better screen quality? I do not know if the MS makes a huge difference or what not. Which is better? Thank you

Solution
I bought these monitors put them side by side and was deciding which one to keep and which one to return since Microcenter wouldn't set up any for display. This was this week btw. I ended up liking the Acer better and I play FPS games like, COD, CS:GO, SW:BF, and Squad. The picture quality and the color quality was significantly better on the IPS panel. I got them to price match it for 650$ as well. I spend a lot of money there and had to work for that, but yeah. IPS>TN was the selling point for me. If you company the XB270HU to the PG279Q then it might be different, but I didn't want to wait months to get my hands on one.

Seamz

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
I bought these monitors put them side by side and was deciding which one to keep and which one to return since Microcenter wouldn't set up any for display. This was this week btw. I ended up liking the Acer better and I play FPS games like, COD, CS:GO, SW:BF, and Squad. The picture quality and the color quality was significantly better on the IPS panel. I got them to price match it for 650$ as well. I spend a lot of money there and had to work for that, but yeah. IPS>TN was the selling point for me. If you company the XB270HU to the PG279Q then it might be different, but I didn't want to wait months to get my hands on one.

Solution

GillyH

Honorable
May 27, 2015
Awesome reply. Thank you so much. I did not know about this PG279Q model. Can anyone provide any input on this one? It looks like it is 4ms as well. Is it like out of production right now or something that you mentioned it will be available in a couple of months? Thank you. Would 4ms significantly impact my gaming in FPS or is it barely a difference to 1ms? I was considering the Asus and now you are making me lean with the Acer

Seamz

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
The PG279Q is still in production. It's just super new and is sold out everywhere. There's also something like a 25-40% of the monitors being reported to have the expected Quality Assurance they would expect for such an expensive monitor.

ZeusGamer

Admirable

I was debating whether I should get the Acer one or the Swift one as well. But I only read the online reviews from Amazon. There was more reports of the Acer being bad more than the Swift one. I know this doesn't justify the fact that everyone gets a different monitor. But I still stuck to the Asus Swift. I wish there was a Microcenter that's very close to Bakersfield.