can't install windows 10 from usb boot on a new config

Beaudry89

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Hey Guys,
Long story short I have build a new pc today.
-Intel Core i7-6700K
-MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151
-G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB
-Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB
-gtx 980ti

I'm trying to install windows 10 from a usb boot created from the official media creator tool and it doesn't work. I can access my bio and all that but has soon as I try to install w10 from the usb stick I get errors like:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

ok so I did not format my usb stick before making the boot ( I dont know if the media creator tool does it without asking ?). I have read online that you need to format your stick first so tomorrow I will try another attempt with the rufus program and format my stick before hand. If that does not work well I will be pretty much lost and wont know what to do next. If you guys have advice go ahead that will be nice from you.

Thanks and Happy new year !

Solution
In order to create your bootable USB installer please follow this tutorial. If you have a functioning computer/laptop in your household then you can try and use CMD/Diskpart to format your USB pendrive.

Also make sure that the SSD is connected to the first port that is connected to the chipset i.e SATA1. Is this a brand new build with no carry overs and no migration from previous OS? Also remove CMOS battery for 5 minutes before replacing it and moving forward with installation.

Lutfij

Titan
In order to create your bootable USB installer please follow this tutorial. If you have a functioning computer/laptop in your household then you can try and use CMD/Diskpart to format your USB pendrive.

Also make sure that the SSD is connected to the first port that is connected to the chipset i.e SATA1. Is this a brand new build with no carry overs and no migration from previous OS? Also remove CMOS battery for 5 minutes before replacing it and moving forward with installation.

Solution