Can't Click on Windows Specific Settings after Searching in Start Menu

BaconBoy2015

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
So I just cloned my hard drive to my SSD using Samsung Data Migration and I'm using the SSD as my C drive now. Everything seems to be working fine, but when I type for something in the start menu, I usually can't click on it if it's a Windows kind of setting. For example, after cloning to the SSD, my power setting changed to make the display sleep after 15 minutes (which it's done before because I guess it syncs settings with my laptop, but that was a few months ago) so I typed in "power" into the start menu to bring up the power settings and the stuff that came up was "change power plans" and the likes but I couldn't click on any of them, so I had to manually open the settings app and find it there. Now, though, I want to get rid of the Recycle bin icon on my desktop (I like a symplistic look) and normally I don't have it on there, but before cloning to the SSD, I was frequently emptying my recycle bin so I just had it there. Well now when I type in Recycle on the start menu, the "show or hide common icons" thing will show up but since it's a specific setting, I can't click on it.

Sorry if it's a little unclear, but I don't know how else to describe it. I've googled it but it seems like I'm unique to this kind of problem. Any help?

Edit: Also, just to clarify, I'm not looking for help on how to get rid of the Recycle bin icon in a more manual way because I know how to do that :p I'd just like to figure out why I can't click on anything settings-related.

Solution
Its highly advised that if you have to migrate to new hardware that the installation be redone instead of perform a clone of the installation drive. This just leaves alot f doubt in the mind as with Windows 10 a slight change via powershell, regedit or CMD can cause the OS to go belly up and a drive clone makes matters worse as some files are either corrupted or missing.

You can try and create a bootable USB installer and then perform a repair install but I suspect that the eventuality will be to reinstall Windows 10.

Can you please pass on your full systems specs?

Lutfij

Titan
Its highly advised that if you have to migrate to new hardware that the installation be redone instead of perform a clone of the installation drive. This just leaves alot f doubt in the mind as with Windows 10 a slight change via powershell, regedit or CMD can cause the OS to go belly up and a drive clone makes matters worse as some files are either corrupted or missing.

You can try and create a bootable USB installer and then perform a repair install but I suspect that the eventuality will be to reinstall Windows 10.

Can you please pass on your full systems specs?

Solution