SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED in windows 10

lorenz_929

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
ok i just had this problem after leaving my pc on and i had breakfast. after i came back the screen was black and wont turn on no matter what, so i pressed the power button to manually shut it down. it's windows 10 btw.

after i turned it on again, it said to reboot and select proper boot device, which i always just remove and put the connections again.

after that i got the error system thread exception not handled. then i came here and tried the tutorial to fix it using http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1653141/fix-system-thread-exception-handled-error-windows.html?5686cd0f04edd=reload

the problem is, i can't even get into safe mode. i keep choosing safe mode when booting, but it keeps on going back to the system thread exception not handled error. what can i do if i can't even get into safe mode??

edit: i remember i just checked the kaspersky update which says to update for 2016, then it'll just update in the background. i dont know if thats what caused this or the graphics driver like what the tutorial says.

Solution
If you can't get into Safe Mode then try and recreate your bootable USB installer and try getting into Safe Mode. If you can boot into Windows 10 see if you can perform a repair install and if the issue is averted. If your data is backed up then you can just move ahead with a clean install armed with your new USB installer.

Can you please pass on your full systems specs? If it's a laptop then please pass on the make and model number.

Lutfij

Titan
If you can't get into Safe Mode then try and recreate your bootable USB installer and try getting into Safe Mode. If you can boot into Windows 10 see if you can perform a repair install and if the issue is averted. If your data is backed up then you can just move ahead with a clean install armed with your new USB installer.

Can you please pass on your full systems specs? If it's a laptop then please pass on the make and model number.

Solution