What CPU Cooler should I get???

Louis1234

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
So im thinking of buying a new CPU Cooler because right now i'm using the stock CPU Cooler..
I need an air cooler which fits with 2 high profile ram sticks, fits with 1150, and is under 150mm tall because of my case.
Anything under 60-80 bucks would be great. I havn't overclocked as of yet but I may overclock in the future so I want to be ready!

If your not overclocking, the stock cooler should be fine. If you intend to overclock in the future, the Cryorig H7 is an awesome air cooler and designed for case and RAM clearance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF2DZ6565&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.eteknix.com/cryorig-h7-cpu-cooler-review/5/

Louis1234

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016

But the thing is, the stock CPU Cooler is kinda loud and i'd rather put some extra bucks in for a better and a more quiet CPU Cooler

Louis1234

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016

Also which one would be better? The one you suggested or the Cooler Master Hyper 212?
The Hyper 212 is like 5 bucks cheaper

The review I linked to shows it to cool better and is quieter. Plus, you won't have any issues with case and RAM clearance. I've used the EVO before and its a good air cooler too, for the price.

+1 for BadActor's suggestion on the h7. It's basically a new and improved 212 evo, the evo came out 4.5yrs ago and was a slight modification of an already existing coolermaster design. For being an older budget cooler design it's held up well but companies like cryorig have built a better mousetrap. The h7 manages to give equal or better cooling and noise performance in a cooler design that's more compact than the 212 evo. They also offset the heatpipes to move the cooling tower and fan enough to completely clear all the ram slots.

If you're on a tight budget and $5 makes or breaks the purchase you might be better off hanging onto the stock cooler. There are even cheaper coolers than the 212 evo but it reaches a point where you get what you pay for and after a certain point in the $10-15 range you're bordering on getting a cooler no better than the stock one you're trying to replace.

Louis1234

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016

I have just found out that the 212 evo cant fit in my case lol, and I had a look at the h7 and the fan is white :(( itll ruin my build's colour scheme, sorry to be so picky lol

Louis1234

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016

im considering the cryorig h5 because it has a black fan and the white fan on the h7 wont go well with my setup