Air Cooling in my Corsair Carbide Spec 01

Louis1234

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
So I'm going to be adding some fans into my rig and I need a bit of help of where I should put them. First of all I think I might put my 2 of my AF120 quiet edition fans for exhaust, one at the very back and one on the top left. This means I'm going to have negative air flow in my pc. I am also thinking of adding a SP fan at the front under my main intake fan where it'll be behind a hard drive cage. Any thoughts? also I don't have an aftermarket CPU Cooler, I am currently using the stock as I'm not overclocking. I don't know what im gonna be going with because some factors like noise and what not. Any suggestions would be awesome

Negative pressure is fine in a clean environment. If you'll install 2 exhaust fans, then you should consider 2 inlet fans that provide better airflow because of filter restrictions. In my son's Corsair case I installed 2 fans at the front and one at the back to keep positive pressure (a must with a dog and carpeting). We can't determine how much cooling is required by your system; as an example an Intel i3 requires little cooling while an AMD FX-9370 can generate an awful lot of heat.