Buying an AMD FX-6300 PC, opinions?

Jack_2016

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to this forum though have looked over the website in the past.

I'm considering buying a new PC which will be used by both my family (word processing mainly; simple stuff) and myself to play some games on it. I'm new to PC Gaming, we don't have a very big budget (trying to keep it below £400) and I won't be playing excessively or be demanding ultra-high gaming conditions. This is the PC's specs:

Processor: AMD FX-6300 (Six Core) running at 3.5GHz (4.1 GHz when overclocked)
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz RAM (This is upgradable).
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
HDD: 1TB SATA III
Motherboard: GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3

The PC's price is £339 + an OS.

The main game I'm wanting to play is Star Wars Battlefront (the new one) and I also might spend a little time playing other games like Red Dead Redemption; not sure yet.

I made this thread because I'm pretty interested to see what you guys think of the PC, and if you think it's suited to me (for your stamp of approval, one could say).. Just to give me a little more confidence before parting with my cash.

Additionally, any advice on where to get a cheap Windows OS? £100 for Windows 10 seems a little steep, haha.

Apologies for the long thread and many thanks in advance! :)

860k with gtx 950 may be better mate.

Is that £339 a prebuild ??

If so post a link , what I would always be careful of is sub standard psu's in cheap prebuilds.

Win 10 is £70-80 generally mate not £100.

Jack_2016

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, this is a pre-build, here's a link. I was fairly impressed by the price which is why I'm drawn towards this. Like I said, I'm not clued-up on PCs so I think I may rather go for a pre-built PC than start upgrading bits and bobs on my own, though I'll keep an eye out for that processor and graphics card.

£70 sounds a bit more like it, still annoying though! I didn't know about Red Dead not being on PC... That sucks.

Cheers

Jack_2016

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Unfortunately I don't think that's going to be an option as it's just too expensive for me (particularly as I'm not sourcing the parts myself). Thanks for posting though, appreciate any advice I can get.