Is there any quality difference between HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI?

Bunny12

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Hello,
I am planning to buy a PS 4 soon - unfortunatelly I have no full HD TV, I only have a good monitor. This monitor doesnt support HDMI connection though so Im thinking about HDMI to DVI cable.
Is there any quality loss? Does anyone have some experinces with this? Thanks a lot.

Bunny12

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

Thanks. So that "HDCP" is something like a control of connection that is recommended by SONY? It should be no problem to connect it to TV with HDMI for the first time. BTW: This HDCP stuff isnt on Xbox one at all right?(just to know..)

No, HDCP is an HDMI standard to prevent media theft. If not all devices in the chain, you will get no picture. Both Sony and Microsoft released an system update, so that consumers got the ability to toggle HDCP on and off. Though I believe that the Xbox One does this automatically. You will need an internet connection and HDMI -> HDMI to be able to get a picture, so that you can disable HDCP. Keep in mind that once disabled, apps, etc, requires the HDCP handshake, but games don't.

Bunny12

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

OK then, I think that should be no problem to do. Thank you.

Bunny12

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

Really? If it was as you say, it would be even better then. Either way Ill try it and see, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS