whea Uncorrectable error on new Skylake + Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z170X

edwinsmith27

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Hi All

I have been trying to solve this problem with my PC for weeks now and I have no where else to check

My new Windows 10 PC was running fine for 3 weeks then the errors start to occur.

Can anyone please have a look at my dump file and help me try to understand the root cause?

The only time I could get the PC to run without errors was when I removed my NVidia 970 (which is about 6 months old and was running perfectly before) and only using the internal VGA.

All OC is turned off
All non essential peripherals is unplugged
I re-installed Windows 7 and Windows 10 same errors
I updated my Bios to the latest version
I updated my drivers to the latest version
Windows is updated
There is nothing more I can do or try but look at this mini dump file

I am new to this I am not sure how I can share the file here?

Solution
With Nvidia's latest release of 361.43 there seems to be a rampant issue with hardware regardless of age and/or setup. Revert to the previous working drivers i.e version 359.36(I think) for your GTX970 following this tutorial.

Please pass on your full systems specs.

In order to have us take a look at the .dmp files, we'll need you to host them on a site like Microsoft's One Drive or Google Drive and then link it back here for us to study. I suspect the Nvidia drivers are what caused the problem but no harm in looking through your dmp files.

Lutfij

Titan
With Nvidia's latest release of 361.43 there seems to be a rampant issue with hardware regardless of age and/or setup. Revert to the previous working drivers i.e version 359.36(I think) for your GTX970 following this tutorial.

Please pass on your full systems specs.

In order to have us take a look at the .dmp files, we'll need you to host them on a site like Microsoft's One Drive or Google Drive and then link it back here for us to study. I suspect the Nvidia drivers are what caused the problem but no harm in looking through your dmp files.

Solution