Dual Monitors: Male DVI-D to Male VGA Cable

Jakelane

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
Hello,

I have been looking for a male DVI-D to male VGA cable to setup dual monitors. I haven't done this before, and quite frankly am just going off of a hunch as to if I'm doing this correctly. I am looking for some guidance as how to setup this system, and the cables needed.

I currently have a VGA to VGA for my computer to my main monitor. I have one open DVI-D slot available on my graphics card, and believe that this is what I need to use. Do I need a DVI-D to VGA (as my second monitor ONLY supports vga input)? Am I supposed to use the second input of my graphics card, or just use one input?

I realize that there are converters that convert DVI-D to VGA, but is there only one cable that can do this? In the end it doesn't matter, but seems a lot simple to have one cable instead of a converter and VGA cable.

If you need it, I have a GTX 750 Ti graphics card (upgraded), Windows 8.1, and everything else looks to be the same as:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229362&_ga=1.129479116.1736229587.1445699871

Thank you.

Solution
Hi, No, a cable does not work, as the signal on DVI-D is digital only and you need to convert it in analog, for VGA. So, you need a converter.