Does resetting Windows to factory specs affect multiple drives?

PsykoTenshi

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
My Windows' acting up, tried every trick in the book to fix it and no dice, so I'm taking the easy yet bothersome route of reinstalling everything. Again.
But Windows 10 has a "Reset this PC" option under Settings > Update & Security > Recovery (screencap for clarity) which in practical effects, it's what I need, but faster and less bothersome.

Problem is, I have more than one (physical) hard drive on my system, and I don't know if Windows will restrain itself to formatting the system drive or if it'll format all drives present.
And I'd rather ask a relatively dumb question than risk losing all my backed up data xP

Thank you for your time :)

Solution
Disconnect those other drives, and then there is no possibility of anything happening to them.

That Reset shouldn't affect the other drives, but better to be safe than sorry.

PsykoTenshi

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Yeah, that's what I thought. Fortunately I also ALWAYS disconnect other drives when installing Windows, so the MBR and such should be in the system drive.
On a related subject, and assuming it's fine for me to expand this thread's question: I've just now seen the sticky named "How to ditch the problematic Win10 upgrade and replace it with a clean install" on this forum section, so considering my windows 10 is an upgrade from 7 (yes, I was lazy), my new question is:

Would this reset function count as a clean install or I must clean install properly?