No Idea What I'm Doing

Rebecca_15

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
So I'm a complete noob with computer, the jargon means nothing to me at all. All I know is the computer I have is slow, and I want to replace parts of it instead of buying a new one. These are the specs I have on my current computer, I dont know if it's everything you kind people need to tell me what needs replacing. But I can hope

(3.1GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) AMD A8 Quad 4-Core Advanced Processor APU CPU, Integrated Radeon HD Graphics Card Chip GPU, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHz RAM Memory,

Solution

Depends on how you use your computer. If you play lots of games, then a Graphics Card would the the most obvious choice. However, if you mean slow with Startup, Launching Programs, or just in General... then a graphics card won't bring much...

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

Depends on how you use your computer. If you play lots of games, then a Graphics Card would the the most obvious choice. However, if you mean slow with Startup, Launching Programs, or just in General... then a graphics card won't bring much improvement... What you would need is an SSD. That is probably the SINGLE MOST thing a person could do to improve computer performance.

Solution