Dual Display Audio Questions

JBURNS489

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
I wasn't sure where to post this question but hope I am in the right category. I have my PC hooked up to my Asus 144hz monitor, and also my 50inch TV. I am usually using the extended desktop so my girlfriend can watch Netflix or google play movies on my PC, but watch it on the TV. What I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to have the audio from netflix play onto the TV, but still be able to use sounds on my PC while gaming without those sounds going to the TV as well. I would like to be able to plug in my headphones to my PC and have sound, but also allow her to have sound for her movies on the TV without them crossing. Is this even possible?
My motherboard has some pretty impressive sounding audio features but I admittedly am not sure what it means. (Gigabyte z97 Gaming 7 1150) I am also using an i7-4790k with integrated graphics, and a 960 4gb turbo graphics card. If I plugged the TV into the integrated graphics output, and my monitor into the graphics card, could I keep the audio separated somehow?

Solution
You can only do this with programs that have a audio output selection (VLC). So Game, and Netflix on 2 outputs will not work, but Game and Movie (VLC) can be done by changing the audio output within the program itself. Set game output by changing windows default output to headphones, and change VLC output to HDMI-TV under audio settings. Hope this helps.

tlhudson69

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
You can only do this with programs that have a audio output selection (VLC). So Game, and Netflix on 2 outputs will not work, but Game and Movie (VLC) can be done by changing the audio output within the program itself. Set game output by changing windows default output to headphones, and change VLC output to HDMI-TV under audio settings. Hope this helps.

Solution