Windows 10 64-bit intermittent crash no bsod

Electron Entanglement

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Hello,

I previously upgraded to windows 10 pro (64-bit) from windows 7 ultimate (64-bit) back when windows 10 first came out. I would get an intermittent crash mid game and outside of games. After trouble shooting I reverted back to windows 7. Windows 7 never crashes or anything. This was in July 2015. A few days ago, I thought maybe they fixed their first wave if initial bugs and compatibility issues. Well I performed a clean install of win 10 pro 64-bit and it is doing the same thing. The screen will go randomly blank and the sound will briefly stutter and after about a minute, my pc resets. I've tried so many things and spent researching so many things. Things I've tried:

Clean install windows 10 pro
Old video drivers, latest, and windows recommend video drivers
resetting bios to default
viewing the event log viewer
calling microsoft technical support (i know someone laughed reading this one)
testing a different video card
running intel's driver utility
enabling NX option is bios
changing windows power profile to high performance
upping the voltage on my memory, cpu, almost a half volt

I'll be calling intel tomorrow to ask about my cpu and windows 10.

My Specs are:
Intel Core 2 quad Q6600
8 gb corsair memory
xfx 790i ultra sli mobo
gtx 660 2 gb video card
Corsair 512 gb SSD
1050 watt Corsair psu
corsair H100i liquid cooler
Corsair SP 2500 rpm fans (x5)
2 Corsair AF fans
2 Corsair 200 mm fans
Corsair 600T case

Please help! I want to run windows 10. My family and I sit around and use this computer together daily. I mostly play CSGO competitive but also play every thing from Skyrim to Disney Princess. My name on steam is Silvercaptain.

This is my last resort! I hope someone comes to the rescue.

-Tom

Solution
Unfortunately for that system there is no BIOS update available for optimal operation of Windows 10. I'd suggest updating the BIOS to whatever is later than what you have currently i.e the downgrade/default, set your voltages back to the way they were prior to upping it by half a volt. I suspect the issue is with your Nvidia GPU drivers. There seems to be an issue with version 361.43 and the solution is to fall back on the last working version of driver version 359.36(I think the number is wrong but you get the point).

I'd suggest that you retain your system on Windows 7 as the free upgrade path will expire in a few months after which you'll need to purchase a licence key to operate Windows 10 and by then the issues will hopefully be...

Lutfij

Titan
Unfortunately for that system there is no BIOS update available for optimal operation of Windows 10. I'd suggest updating the BIOS to whatever is later than what you have currently i.e the downgrade/default, set your voltages back to the way they were prior to upping it by half a volt. I suspect the issue is with your Nvidia GPU drivers. There seems to be an issue with version 361.43 and the solution is to fall back on the last working version of driver version 359.36(I think the number is wrong but you get the point).

I'd suggest that you retain your system on Windows 7 as the free upgrade path will expire in a few months after which you'll need to purchase a licence key to operate Windows 10 and by then the issues will hopefully be ironed out. FYI, any hardware changes you want to do if you've availed your copy of Windows 10 via the upgrade path should be done in your previous OS prior to upgrade.

Solution