IT Bachelor degree going for Engineering Masters

kenghtt

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Hello,

I am currently majoring in Information Technology with an emphasis on Security. I am very excited to start off my career as I will be graduating at the end of May 2016. I really like the IT Path, and have landed myself a IT job already after graduation. My employers have suggested that I should try out Security, Networking, and Infrastructure. I definitely want to get experience in these fields, but someday I also want to get my Masters Degree(Probably in the next 3-5 years). I don't know if I want to stick with a masters in IT/Information Assurance. I wanted to get it in Electrical/Computer Engineering or possibly in Computer Science. I have taken a few courses in Electrical Engineering, and have taken a C++ class so I know a bit about the two fields.

What do you guys think about this plan? What kind of jobs can I find that can be of use in both my Bachelors and Masters when I get them? I just wanted to hear an opinion on this since I was not able to find anything online relating to this.

Thanks in advance!