Lenovo H55 Windows10 no F keys working

nottheusualtoday

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
I have a Lenovo H55 desktop updated to Windows 10. The F keys do not work during startup, so I cannot get into the BIOS settings. Pressing the F1 key during startup is supposed to take one to the BIOS settings. If I press the enter key on startup I get a screen with options one of which it to enter the BIOS and requires the F1 key. There is another option requiring the F8 key. Neither of these keys then do anything. Once Windows 10 has started the F keys work, for example while using the Chrome Browser. All suggestions are welcome. I have tried suggestions to alter the keyboard settings in Control panel Ease of Access. - Mike

Lutfij

Titan
Is this the desktop you currently own and is showing the issue? Going by the drivers listed and assuming the systems specs, have you downloaded the latest chipset drivers from AMD's site? There seems to be a driver update for both your keyboard and your mouse under the Mouse and Keyboard drop down menu to the left hand after selecting Windows 10 64bit under the right hand drop down menu (only the Keyboard driver is shown for download under Windows 10 32bit).

nottheusualtoday

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

nottheusualtoday

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
I have the latest drivers from AMD. I have come to the conclusion that the problem is due to my having a wireless keyboard that is not functioning at the beginning of startup. I will purchase a cheap/used wired keyboard and check out this theory and if it solves the problem. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

nottheusualtoday

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
The problem is definitely the Microsoft Keyboard that is wireless. I have a wired Microsoft Keyboard and a Lenovo wireless keyboard and both these work fine during the boot. I have tried setting the boot to 'Legacy First' but this doesn't help. If I google the problem I can find where owners of Logitech Keyboards have the same problem. The wi-fi dongle does not work during the boot.