I've recently got a Gaming PC with an AMD Athlon X4 860K overclocked to 4.3 Ghz, a Gigabyte f2a68hm-hd2, an MSI NVIDIA GTX 750

jjb110501

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
I've bought some Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866Mhz memory and upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and I've been getting error messages like kernal security check failure, it only does it when I boot it up but not when I restart it or wake it from sleep mode.

PreXMystic

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
the symptoms are probably due to an unstable overclock on your Athlon. For the time being, I would back it off to around 4.1 Ghz and test the stability with a CPU benchmark such as Aida.

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
The “Kernel Security Check failure” in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 can appear for different kinds of reasons like memory issues, virus infections of the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 but the most common is that the drivers you were using for the previous versions of Windows are not compatible with the new Windows.

Seeing that you have a NVIDIA GTX 750, I suspect that is your problem.

Nvidia does not play well with Win 10.

Get the latest drivers from Nvidia, if that doesn't work, reinstall the driver you had before on whatever OS you had.

If that still doesn't fix it, go to Nvidia and start going backwards down the revision list and try each one until you find one that works.

Which ever one you finally find that works, do a clean install of it.

Bill