Issue with Winows 10 and possibly hard drive failure?

Remedyay

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
Okay I have this huge issue related to Windows 10. I own Dell Inspiron 14r 7420. It came with windows 8 and I recently ungraded it to windows 10. Today I was gaming and suddenly my pic froze and I got a message saying that it ran into a problem and needs to restart. Next thing I know- it's stuck on the loading screen of windows 10. I then tried to go to safe mode to resolve this issue and unfortunately the computer goes completely blank after that. Ultimately I decided to downgrade the computer to windows 8 to solve this issue. But again the computer gets stuck at "Restoring your previous version of windows." Then I decided to diagnose the computer and it shows me hard drive issues. And now when I restart the computer it says "Your pc needs to be repaired." With error code 0xc0000225. I'm wondering if there is any way to resolve this issue or do I have to replace my hard drive?

Thank you

Remedyay

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
Okay upon diagnosis I get error 2000:0142 which according to people at Dell means my HDD is just beyond repair so I guess the only solution is to replace it now.