BSOD | kernel security check failure | Specifically: ntoskrnl.exe

SenneHoekman

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
So it is now the fifth of january 2016 and I have experienced these random BSOD's since the very last day of 2015 (31/12/2015)

I have my laptop for about 3 years now and I have never experienced a BSOD up to this point which makes me even more worried/scared

This bluescreen pops up quite randomly besides the fact that it mostly happens when a few programs are running at once. For instance: Premiere Pro CC will sometimes run, sometimes crash (and show BSOD) and sometimes freeze

I 've done some research and tested my RAM my hard drives and made sure that my drivers are up to date with Driver reviver.

The only read difference there has been since end december 2015 is the adding of a gaming mouse (G502 Logitech) and a microphone (Blue Yeti Pro). Do these 2 hardware devices result in these problems are is this not possible.

To round up: The point where I am right now is that the problem is in my RAM somehow and I need to replace it.

But I have no idea if this is actually the problem.

I need my laptop almost every day for work AND school so any help would be amazing, the sooner the better!

Thanks

Solution
a security check failure means that windows detected one of its key driver or its data has been modified in memory. It assumes it is malware and shuts down the system.

for windows 10, you would start cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow

if you get any errors then run
DISM.EXE /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

the first one attempts to restore corrupted files from the local hidden backup copy.
the second command attempts to restore corrupted files from a trusted source. (microsoft update server i think)

you can also get this error when your machine has memory problems. Lots of causes, a bad driver can write over the data that is next to its data in memory for example.
you can run memtest to check to make sure...
Hi,

Actually BSOD is a normal phenomenon with Windows 10 due to software glitches. :) But do try some of these troubleshooting steps that may help as well.
- Start by running Windows Update, install all the updates available.
- Next is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver which is the most common cause of BSOD's.
- Please do refer to this article on how to do the clean install of your graphics card.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- Once done do also a virus/malware scan that may help as well.
- Please do refer to this article again: http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- If all these will not work I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows 10.

SenneHoekman

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

I checked for windows update but all of the updates were installed.

I did a clean install of my Nvidia driver with the software included to restart in safe mode and install the driver from the Nvidia site.

I used every program described in the link to fight virusses and malware and scanned and fixed all issues

But still when I open 4-5 adobe programs they all start up and after a few seconds I get the same old BSOD which I 've been getting since 31 of december.

The last thing I want to do is a clean install of windows 10 since I will lose my programs with all plugins and setting + my files which I have been working on. Like I said, I use my laptop for basically EVERYTHING so I 'm really looking for a normal fix since this is also the first time ever that I got a BSOD and it happend totally at random.

Can this also be a RAM problem? I did some ram tests like memtest but it showed no errors but my research shows that a lot of people say that it's mostly a RAM problem.

Here is a link to the bmp file and txt files of the error: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0gVwNAkzYy0aEE0QmJkRFVZX00&usp=sharing

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks

a security check failure means that windows detected one of its key driver or its data has been modified in memory. It assumes it is malware and shuts down the system.

for windows 10, you would start cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow

if you get any errors then run
DISM.EXE /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

the first one attempts to restore corrupted files from the local hidden backup copy.
the second command attempts to restore corrupted files from a trusted source. (microsoft update server i think)

you can also get this error when your machine has memory problems. Lots of causes, a bad driver can write over the data that is next to its data in memory for example.
you can run memtest to check to make sure your physical memory is ok.

finding a bad driver takes more effort.

Solution