Thinking about new monitors

itsanss

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Ok, so one of my 6+ year old monitors died a couple months ago. I tried to repair it myself (solder in new capacitors) and it didn't take. I have three LG Flatron W2753V monitors I run in 5760x1080 resolution.

After my repair failed, I messaged LG about repair and I never got a response. According to their website, my monitor qualifies to be repaired. I sent a couple messages to them and no response whatsoever.

I'm super dissatisfied with their customer service or complete lack thereof. I've been super satisfied with these three particular monitors. I really had no intention of replacing them and was actually considering building a new PC in the next month or so, but that may be put off with the purchase of new monitors instead.

I absolutely cannot find one of these Flatrons rebuilt or used for sale anywhere. I've scoured the Internet and there simply isn't one out there!!

So since I do NOT want a monitor that doesn't match the two existing, working monitors that I have in physical appearance and/or performance, I think I'm going to end up trying to buy three new ones and sell the two working ones I have to try to offset the cost of the new ones.

So, short story long......Based on the LG Flatron W2753V monitors that I have had for years, what would be a good replacement panel? I'm not willing to go any smaller in size than what I currently have and definitely don't want to go down in performance. But I also don't want to spend $1k per monitor!!

Please help!!!! :??:

lodders

Admirable
I have a viewsonic VP2770
It is the same panel that apple were using until last year
1440 x 2560 resolution, and it comes with a colour calibration certificate.
The colours are realistic, and the images are sharp, and if you move your head the brightness does not change at all.

jragonsoul

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
What GPU do you have? So we can recommend Freesync or G-Sync. Are you set on 3? Would an ultrawide monitor suffice? With an ultra wide would it being 700-1500 be an issue, since you only need one? Want IPS or TN panel? What about 60hz ok or do you want 120-144 hz?

itsanss

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

Looks like a nice panel. Little more than I was wanting to spend, however…

“What GPU do you have? So we can recommend Freesync or G-Sync. Are you set on 3? Would an ultrawide monitor suffice? With an ultra wide would it being 700-1500 be an issue, since you only need one? Want IPS or TN panel? What about 60hz ok or do you want 120-144 hz?”

Asus R9 290X. I really, really want three. I’ve gotten so used to it over these years and there’s almost a shock factor, if you will, when people see three 27” monitors. However, a lot has changed in the six years since I built this PC and bought these monitors. Is there a monitor out there that would run the same high resolution on a single monitor as it would three?

No real preference as to IPS or TN or the hz.

I’m a gamer. I use the PC for my small business tracking money as well as e-mail and word processing, but I definitely use it for as many hours gaming as I do working.

One that caught my eye is also an LG. The LG Cinema 27MP67HQ. It's not all that expensive and has really small bezels.