A living hell: stuck pixel on a new monitor

Spa Sapping

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
It's just my luck, a stuck pixel on a new gaming laptop, its completely voiding my multimedia use, and i just can't get rid of it, tried running those software that flash RGB colors on it, did it for a whole 3 nights, and it's really damn stubborn.

After searching for days on the internet, i found absolutely no solution to it, even tho it's not a dead pixel. If anyone relates or have experience or any sort of tips to give me, i'd like to hear it with open ears, because i completely lost all hope..

I also tried some pressure methods, but it wont even flinch, and i noticed it started to hurt the screen, so i stopped any kind of pressure.

And returning it just because of 1 single pixel, yeah, thats a big kick in the face for both the store and me.

Puff3r

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
It is likely the store will not accept the return for 1 pixel. At HP our policy was 3 in the space of your thumb to repair or replace under warranty. I'm sorry to say it but there is no fix. It is a transistor that has to be replaced.

Spa Sapping

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
Heard a lot about being the transistors fault, well, replacing the transistor, alright, that's a start i guess.

Though, saw a video of LinusTechTips, its an old one, but he said even dead pixels tend to go away after some time, is that true, or just a possibility ?

Puff3r

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
It is a possibility. Basically the transistor is stuck in one position. Over time it "could" release and perform normally, but this is very unlikely.