LG 4K LED TV Horizontal line problem

C418

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
I have an LG 49UB8500 4K TV. Back in September it went through a house fire. It sustained minor heat damage, as it was in a different room than the fire started. I cleaned it up, and it's been running fine ever since. The only physical damage to it is a minor burn mark in the backlight, in the top middle of the TV. It is in the backlight, as I can see. No melt marks anywhere. It's been working perfectly fine. Perfect image quality. No random shut downs.
Anyways, it only just now started experiencing problems. Ever since around Christmas, I've been getting pixel-thin, moderately dark horizontal lines, only running through the top right portion of the screen. They fade away once they near the other portions.
Well, it was like that for a few days. About 4 days later, more lines appeared, darker, covering the entire left side of the screen and the top right stayed. The only portion of the screen that does not have any lines going through it is the bottom right. They're about 1 cm apart. Ever since more lines came to the left side of the TV, the lines in the very top right doubled and are about 1mm- 2 apart, I can't tell exactly, and the extra double lines flash in and out sometimes. I've been looking everywhere I can to find out what could be causing this in the TV, hoping it's not the actual screen itself. There's only one TV shop here in my town and the guy that runs it is a drunk and doesn't know what he's doing unless it's a CRT. As soon as I told him it went through a house fire, he didn't want anything to do with it, and told me I'm screwed. I called a tv shop in the town next to us and they let me explain what's going on with it, what its been through, and told me it was probably one of the Y boards. (Is what it sounded like to them). They said to bring it up there and they'll see what they can do with it.
Anyways, I came here to see if anyone can give me some ideas so I can see what I'm getting into here. The TV shop said they charge a $45 dollar fee to look at it. Also, as I stated, they are a town over and it's a pretty long trip there.
So... Should I take it in or is it not worth it anymore? It's a 1,000 dollar TV and the picture on it is still GREAT, except for the lines. I want them fixed any way possible because I am literally in love with this TV. (my first 4K display.)

C418

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

I'm going to take it up there, but I was just trying to get a heads up on what I'm going to be dealing with. I was just wondering what everyone on here thinks is causing those lines.