Toshiba won't come out of sleep mode won't boot past splash screen

Ecxreaper

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hello I have a satellite p55w radius and can't seem to figure out what's wrong. It won't restart properly always resulting in me reformatting again it will stay at the boot screen for hours. I just don't know what to do anymore can't use it for more than an hour it will restart on its own or I will have to restart it or put it in sleep mode never to come out again any help would be appreciated after going in to sleep mode it will stay at splash screen no change and if I force restart it, it will result in system failure can't boot into safe mode or anything it can't repair it's self or come back to the desktop only the loading screen

Windows 10 enterprise x64
Intel i7-4510u
8gb ddr3l 1600mhz

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please specify the model number for your Toshiba Satellite Radius p55w. There are a further 4~7 alphanumeric digits to narrow down the unit in the downloads support section since there are about 10 SKU's with the P55W moniker.

Aside from looking like a BIOS update is necessary, the installer for your unit might have been corrupted. Recreate your bootable USB installer and then perform a reinstall. Speaking of install is this a new installation or one taken via the free upgrade path?

Ecxreaper

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
it is a p55w-b5224 and a new copy of windows 10 was bought but i can notfigure it out i got it working fine with windows 8 then tried to upgrade again and the same thing happend it sits at the screen for ever and wont load in i am going to try to update the bios if i cant find a solution and have already made multiple boot disks and it does the same thing and if it helps at all on win 8.1 i cant install c++ if that give any info on something gone wrong thx for reply