Bad_Pool_Header blue screen

the bad pool header was coming out of a network component so the first attempt at a fix will be to update your network drivers. It can be a wired, or wireless driver for ethernet or even bluetooth. I can not tell without looking at a memory dump.

If you are using a USB wireless device, they depend on the USB drivers which depend on the BIOS version. IE you might have to update the BIOS, the CPU chipset drivers, the USB 3.0 drivers as well as the USB driver for the actual usb device. (if it is a USB wireless device)

it can also be corruption by another driver but start with the ethernet drivers

make sure your power is plugged into the wall not a power strip.
check the power connections from the PSU to the motherboard. If one of the power sources from the power supply is not working the motherboard should block the boot up.
IE if you have a graphics card that gets power directly from the PSU and it became unplugged you could get power to the fans but the motherboard logic might prevent the CPU from starting. (this is a good thing) depending on the bios, things like a wire blocking a fan from spinning can stop the bootup. Short circuits also.

and of coarse a PSU failure on one of the power supply lines. Sometimes when they are connected if they are not lined up correctly the wire gets pushed out of the socket and you just have to push it back in.
None of these would actually cause the windows bugcheck.

kiley010

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
god i hate pc probs -.-. i noticed my case fans (connected to cpu_fan) would spin and stop after 5 seconds, but my cpu cooling fan (which is connected to the cpu_opt on the motherboard) was spinning fine. i used a fan splitter and connected both case and cpu cooling fans to the cpu_opt and they were working fine, but i still received no signal on my display/keyboard/mouse

kiley010

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
ye i was trying out the above solutions and it went derp on me :( something sparked and smoke appeared so i yanked out the power plug :( my poor baby has to get sent back. i think it was my phanteks pwm fan controller thingy that went derp, it smelt like derp too. thank you so much for your effort and time, i'll post back on updates. thanks again.