Copy Windows 10 store, Xbox, Weather, etc. data to another Windows 10 PC possible?

Hunglo90

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
So my laptop updated to the new windows 10 update Version 1511 in November and it so happens that my Xbox, Store, Weather, Finance camera, etc. apps are not working at all. Every time I try to open it, it just closes immediately.

I tried other solutions like sfc scan, deleting the local cache in packages, powershell fixes, and registry editing. I'm getting pretty annoyed by it. And it seems my desktop is beginning to update as well.

Now I don't really care much if the apps don't work on my desktop, but as for my laptop, I enjoy using it as a tablet as well. Just the day before the update I was streaming my Xbox and using maps like any other day.

So would copying these files from my desktop to laptop cause any issues? I would like to see if there is any other way before dropping a wipe on my laptop

Lutfij

Titan
would copying these files from my desktop to laptop cause any issues?
Yes, never try this at home or anywhere near a system. It's pretty evident that the minutest of changes causes the OS to throw a fit at the user. Cloned installation images, regedit, CMD, powershell and even renaming some files can make Windows 10 go mad.

Nevertheless have you tried performing a system restore to a point prior to when the update was performed? Usually that provides closure to the issue but it also results in a corrupted OS. I'd suggest performing a repair install.

Backup your critical content prior to attempting any of the above including that which you've said to try in your post.

Hunglo90

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
Nevertheless have you tried performing a system restore to a point prior to when the update was performed?

Yes I have. I had no luck however.

I'd suggest performing a repair install.

I tried that as well. But still nothing.

Backup your critical content prior to attempting any of the above including that which you've said to try in your post.

It's alright I just did a clean install of my laptop and fixed the problem. I went through so many different alternatives I just kept track what I had on my laptop and scrapped everything. I appreciate your help though!

TRENDING THREADS