IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Windows 10

Solution
i think the drivers are most likely to have the fix but I would update the BIOS also, the BIOS patch came out very fast, most likely because of a detected problem that required the BIOS to be updated.

the BIOS update patches the CPU microcode before windows actually loads. It also sets up the electronics before the drivers kick in. The BIOS update can make required custom fixes for your actual model/ version of the motherboard. The vendor will know what actual chips are on the board. Often the BIOS update and the motherboard driver updates are paired and should be installed at the same time. Also updating the BIOS will force the BIOS to rescan and reassign resources, it builds a database that it then sends to windows so windows...

You should NEVER post dump files unless asked for.

Even without looking at it most likely all you need is to clean install your graphics drivers, and upgrade other drivers after that if the issue continues.

Nelson_9

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
I'm just trying to resolve the problem and I have no experience with dump files, sorry about that.

I'm saying it for your safety, sometimes dump files carry personal identifiable information you don't want out in hte open.

For now, reinstall drivers, 99% chance that will solve your issues

That's like saying "i had car trouble and narrowed it down to being something wrong with the car". Literally no information there. I'll say it again:

• REINSTALL YOUR DRIVERS

the system had a memory corruption that resulted in a bad page file name.

you do have some special drivers installed that could do this.
maybe the Symantec Real Time Storage Protection driver from 2014. but that would only be a guess, your system was up for over 6 days and looks like there is some sort of sleep issue going on.

I would start by updating your BIOS to the current version F8 dated 2015/09/18
you have f7 installed, but they made some updates, most likely for the bug patches to the CPU.
after you update you will want to pick up the updated windows 10 drivers from:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4959#driver
select windows 10 64 bit. you will want them all. the audio driver you had installed was from 2013, the new one will fix some potential memory corruption problems.
your ethernet driver was also old and a new one is in the list. same with the marvel controller driver, it was pretty old.
after you update the BIOS and the drivers you should run for a week or two to see if you still have a problem.
you can check for a update for the Symantec but i don't think it is likely to be the cause of this bugcheck.

note: for the most part providing a minidump is not a problem. It shows the driver list and the faulting stack. even a kernel dump has limited info in it. your driver lists, your drivers stack traces and some internal error logs.

Nelson_9

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
I've never had to do a bios update before, so I'm pretty hesitant to go ahead and do it on my own. Should I go ahead with his or would updating those drivers provide a better chance at fixing the problem for the moment ?

BIOS updates should always be a secondary method if something won't work with just driver updates. It's right between updating drivers and reinstalling Windows in terms of how often it fixes problems like that.

i think the drivers are most likely to have the fix but I would update the BIOS also, the BIOS patch came out very fast, most likely because of a detected problem that required the BIOS to be updated.

the BIOS update patches the CPU microcode before windows actually loads. It also sets up the electronics before the drivers kick in. The BIOS update can make required custom fixes for your actual model/ version of the motherboard. The vendor will know what actual chips are on the board. Often the BIOS update and the motherboard driver updates are paired and should be installed at the same time. Also updating the BIOS will force the BIOS to rescan and reassign resources, it builds a database that it then sends to windows so windows plug and play knows what resources are in use and which ones are free for it to assign.

I would just do the BIOS update, it is tends to be pretty straight foreword these days.

That being said, the people who write the drivers and microsoft assume people don't get the BIOS updates so they run a patch when windows loads at least they can patch for the most common CPU bugs. (better to have the fix in bios)

Solution