New PC boots, but Monitor says "No Signal" after freezing

FruitLiver

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I was doing a fairly long gaming binge on the new PC that I finished building yesterday. Suddenly, my screen froze and I stopped hearing sound. I could still move my cursor. After letting it sit for a while, I tried altf4 to no avail, and eventually my monitor went completely black and said "No Signal." I tried connecting to my TV with an HDMI plugged into my GPU, but the TV also showed a black screen. My PC still turns on, and the video card and CPU's fans still turn. I made sure the VGA cord is plugged into my DVI adapter and monitor firmly, and the adapter in my GPU firmly. I have no idea what could be the problem. I'm running Windows 10. Here are my specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/X47Qpg

So far I have tried clearing the CMOS, plugging the computer into a different monitor using a different type of cord (HDMI), reseating my RAM, reseating my GPU, and turning it off and on again a billion times. I tried listening for Beep Codes, but I wasn't sure if I was hearing a beep or not when I turned the PC on with the little speaker plugged in. Anyone have any insight?

Mathsnerds

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
Have you tried all the different display outputs on the graphics card? Does the card get warn when turned on for a period of time? Im fearing the worst but I have faith that it may still work.

Hopefully we can sort something out...

FruitLiver

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I don't have a cord or adapter that plugs into my card's DVI-I slot, but I have tried it's DVI-D and HDMI.

I'm not sure how to distinct between the temperature my card should be and if it's "warm," but when this whole situation began, before the screen went black, I touched the side of my card and it felt pretty toasty.

What is fearing the worst? Do you think my card is bricked?

FruitLiver

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Aaaaaand the line is gone. My monitor hasn't going back to sleep yet, though, so I suppose that's good.

Update: About a minute after posting, it progressed to POST. It's stuck there now. I'm hesitant to try and go to the boot menu.

Mathsnerds

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
No this is good! Is your display plugged into the card? or the motherboards CPU graphics? If it does this for more than an hour then maybe you should see if anyone else knows why that white "_" is there. ive had this happen to a computer before... I just rebooted and went through a startup repair on win7 and BOOM fixed

FruitLiver

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

I'm not sure if you saw my update on the last reply, but it is sitting in POST now. My options are BIOS Setup, System Info, Boot Menu, and Q-Flash. Which one do I pick?