Which screen for gaming/ video photo editing

HoussamTou

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
Hello all.

First best wishes for 2016 to all of you. This is my first post on this forum.

I have a question about g sync freesync or no sync.

i will first explain my configuration.
i7-6700k overclocked
nvidia Geforce GTX 980 TI Overclocked

now we come to my needs.
I want to buy 2 screens 1 for gaming and one for creating content or a 2 in 1 screen.
so my needs for the video photo editing part : 4K , IPS
my needs for gaming: 144hz, low response time like 1ms. (gsync/freesync/none)

So should it be possible to have this all together in one screen? or should i go for 2 different screens?

Thank You in advance.

Regards

Solution
There is not a monitor available that supports 4K over 60Hz due to DisplayPort bandwidth limitations. A single 980 Ti is also not enough to maintain FPS over 60FPS at 3840x2160 resolution.

What is your budget and preferred retailer?

spagalicious

Distinguished
There is not a monitor available that supports 4K over 60Hz due to DisplayPort bandwidth limitations. A single 980 Ti is also not enough to maintain FPS over 60FPS at 3840x2160 resolution.

What is your budget and preferred retailer?

Solution

HoussamTou

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015

Hello thank you for your answer. I did some resaerch about 4k screens and i say they are limited to 60 - 75hz and how bigger how better. so i think that i idealy should take 2 monitors 1 for gaming and 1 for video / photo editing

budget is not really a problem. I just want something good especially for multimedia stuff.

for gaming i was thinking to take an AOC g2460Pg. but for the moment i'm still reading some cutomer reviews and tests.
but is G-sync /freesync really worth for gaming or any 144hz screen will be ok?

TRENDING THREADS