4K screen tearing

Telekino

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
I'm building a new PC and am looking into 4K. I will have a Gtx 980 ti graphics card. Currently all of the 4K monitors are 60hz, and none of the 32" monitors have Gsync. Also, I probably won't be able to get 60fps with one gpu, so my frame rate will be lower than the refresh rate.

Would screen tearing be bad with these conditions? Should I use vsync, or would say 30 fps on a 60hz monitor not be a big deal without vsync? Are there any other options to alleviate screen tearing in 4K?

Solution
Correct me if im wrong , but i thought screen tearing doesnt happen unless your framerate is over your refresh rate (which you said is 60hz)

Even with a 980 ti, i would think that you would VERY barely notice any amount of screen tearing running at 4 resolution

Th3-Hunter333

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014
Correct me if im wrong , but i thought screen tearing doesnt happen unless your framerate is over your refresh rate (which you said is 60hz)

Even with a 980 ti, i would think that you would VERY barely notice any amount of screen tearing running at 4 resolution

Solution