Upgraded to Windows 10. Was working fine now NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error boot loop

brisk

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Upgraded to Windows 10. Was working fine now NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error boot loop.
How do I get a repair disc to repair windows?

Solution

The best course of action is to reinstall windows, you can get a windows 10 installer from the microsoft website and boot to that and see if it has a recovery section (which i am unsure of) but if it does not you may have to clean install

Christopher Gehlke

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
you can use your windows installation disk, or recovery partition to run a chkdsk on your c:\ partition. Usually its like this:

chkdsk /x /f c:

/x dismounts the volume and /f means automatically fix the file system.

Also you may want to run a diagnostic on your hard drive, as sometimes this error can happen if the hard drive is failing. But usually improper shutdowns will start corrupting the file system.

TommyFamzy

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

The best course of action is to reinstall windows, you can get a windows 10 installer from the microsoft website and boot to that and see if it has a recovery section (which i am unsure of) but if it does not you may have to clean install

Solution

brisk

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
To make things a bit more complicated I am Japanese so my laptop is all in Japanese. Any version of Windows 10 I can change the system language? Is it like Windows 7 where you need to be enterprise?

TommyFamzy

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

i am using windows 10 pro and i can change to any language i want, so it should be all good