Intel’s Skull Canyon Mystery PC Confirmed And Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk8860

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
does using a skull on the case qualify this as hip, cool, or edgy? Someone needs to reign in the lightweights in the marketing department

big_tiger

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
There are two kinds of people interested in this:
1. "Did you hear about Intel's new Skull Canyon PC? It is tiny and powerfull!"
2. "Did you see Intel's Skull Canyon PC logo? It really brings out the inner bad ass in your fragging... " (I am not hip enough on the current COD jargon finish) ;)

santiagoanders

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
does using a skull on the case qualify this as hip, cool, or edgy? Someone needs to reign in the lightweights in the marketing department

All hail king of the marketing lightweights! He reigns in majesty over all logo making!

Well at least you can hide the skull. When it's on the top of a PC, it's a bit hard to hide.

Plus I don't know a lot of people who like the skull anyways. It looks strange.

Bob and Jerry (may he RIP) called and offered a free Stealie album with each purchase . . .
Grateful_Dead_-_Steal_Your_Face.jpg

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Hah, no worries folks--I neglected to mention in the article that you don't HAVE to have the skull logo. That's just what was on the unit we saw.

There will be multiple options for top covers, and you'll actually be able to 3D print your own if you want.

geok1ng

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
skulltrail was the first dual socket overclokable plataform for Intel. EVGA build the SR2 for overclocking dual Xeons 1366. It is offensive to the Skulltrail logo to use it on a SFF system with integrated graphics.

Skunkwerx_6_Actual

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
If it's painted Black it could be "Tactical". Add vile Neon Pink and Green go fast stripes it can be marketed as "Extreme". Then COD players will go nuts and scream "TAKE MY MONEY!"

G

I like the skull, so reading these negative comments makes me sad :(

skulltrail was the first dual socket overclokable plataform for Intel. EVGA build the SR2 for overclocking dual Xeons 1366. It is offensive to the Skulltrail logo to use it on a SFF system with integrated graphics.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think there has been a single overclocking dual socket platform since the SR2 for Nehalem and Westmere.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
They should let me hold the keys. I'm pretty trustworthy.

Think that's funny? Well, consider that a yellow post-it in your top desk drawer is probably less likely to be compromised or abused than any privacy we concede to the government.

true_candle

Reputable
May 21, 2015
This PC is BS. It is just a marketing move from Intel, not to lose PC gaming market share to an AMD that came up with it's Quantum PC. Simple product overshadowing (exactly what nVidia has done by lowering prices on their GTX top GPUs at exact same time when AMD released new GPUs based on HBM technology "Fury cards and Nano").
We all know, this this box of matches wouldn't do the job of normal gaming PC. Every gaming design has the main part, which is the GPU. Only nVidia and AMD makes competitive GPUs. Even if Intel partner up with nVidia, there's not gonna be any game changing situation. AMD leads in this game for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.