Acer XB280HK 4k Monitor Won't Let Me Move Desktop Icons to Far Right

Dan Snyder

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I have an Acer XB280HK 4k monitor for my gaming computer which consists of two GeForce GTX 980 SC graphics cards in SLI. The other components are as such:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Hard drive: WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200 RPM
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
PSU: CORSAIR RMx RM1000X 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX

While I certainly do not have a computer which can play every game on the market on ultra settings in 4k, but I definitely have a computer decent enough to have a 4k resolution on my desktop. As the title states, I cannot move my desktop icons to the far right of my screen. If I try to move them, when I release the mouse, the icons are on the second column to the right. The only way I can get them all the way to the right is to move more than one entire row of icons as far right as possible so that the icons are forced further right by the ones on the left. While this is not a huge deal, it would be nice to fix if possible. Has anyone else had this issue?

Solution
You might have "Auto Arrange" selected on your desktop. Just right-click the mouse and unclick it and then you should be able to drag your icons where you want.

uptown47

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
You might have "Auto Arrange" selected on your desktop. Just right-click the mouse and unclick it and then you should be able to drag your icons where you want.

Solution