Computer reboots itself over and over

UzumakiRyan

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Hi all,

Recently my PC has been randomly rebooting itself, this tends to happen many times over and over. However it can also go not happening for a couple of days. When the crazy infinite loop starts it doesn't even load windows. It starts up then not even a second later cuts out and repeats.

Hardware has been running without problems for 1 year.

I've checked all the temps and cables. All seem to be ok.

The specs

i7 5930k cpu
Evga 980 superclocked edition gpu
asus x99 deluxe motherboard
4x4 16gb of DominatorPlatinum ram
1000w evga platinum psu
Samsung ssd

Anyone have any ideas whats happening?

Solution
When you say recently, did the issue crop up after a mandatory Windows update or an update to the devices e.g: Nvidia graphics card? You've also stated that the hardware was running solid for 1 year, if I may ask what was your OS prior to going to Windows 10? On that note is this an installation using the free upgrade path? According to your products support page there seems to be a BIOS update available dated for the beginning of this year. Do you have your BIOS and drivers up to date?

If on the good day you can boot into your OS please try and back up your content and perform a repair install of your OS and see if the issue is averted.

Lutfij

Titan
When you say recently, did the issue crop up after a mandatory Windows update or an update to the devices e.g: Nvidia graphics card? You've also stated that the hardware was running solid for 1 year, if I may ask what was your OS prior to going to Windows 10? On that note is this an installation using the free upgrade path? According to your products support page there seems to be a BIOS update available dated for the beginning of this year. Do you have your BIOS and drivers up to date?

If on the good day you can boot into your OS please try and back up your content and perform a repair install of your OS and see if the issue is averted.

Solution

DCNOS18

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
This is the exact problem i am having as well. I also have windows 10 and an ASUS motherboard. I've tried everything. I've updated my BIOS to the latest version, turned off my overclock, checked temps. All temps seem to be fine. I have also tried restoring to an earlier date, which did not work. Maybe because i did not restore far enough back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts