Computer starts up with no beep and no display

SkiZZikS

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Hi, I am having issues with my computer. It seemed to happen only when I am running games (World of Warcraft/Final Fantasy XIV). Please let me know if you need more info and thank you in advance!

My computer specs:
MOBO - MSI 870A-G54 Phenom II X4 3.5GHz
GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2G GDDR5 OC version
Sound card - Asus Xonar Phoebus
PSU - Seasonic S12G 650W
RAM - 2 × 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
SSD - Samsung 850 PRO 250GB
HD - Western Digital 3TB
Monitor - Qnix QHD 27-inch monitor

The problem:
A week ago, while running some games, the screen froze and it turned into a screen with vertical lines. I could still hear music playing in the background. I tried pressing ctrl-alt-del and it did not helped. I had to press the shut down button to restart.

The computer powers up, the LED lights and fans are working but there is no beep and no display. I unplugged the graphics card and ram and managed to get it working again.

Yesterday, while running some games the screen froze again with bright spots/pixels all over the screen. This time I managed to close the program and there is a bubble saying "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered". I ran a different game and the same thing happened but it gave a different error message "Directx fatal error". Finally, it gave me the screen with vertical lines again whereby I cannot do anything but to reboot. Now, my computer keeps powering up with no beep or display.

Things I have tried:
-Bought and tried a new dvi cable
-Used my old ram
-Reinstalling my AMD display drivers and made sure was up-to-date
-Replacing atikmdag.sys file
-Tried a different PCI-E slot on my motherboard
-Tried the other DVI port on my graphics card
-Took out and put back CMOS battery
-Downloaded GPU-Z the temperature stays around 50-60C
-Took out GPU and there is 1 long and 2 short beeps
-Tried on another monitor and no display as well

My own conclusion:
GPU is spoilt

Do let me know if I am wrong or any advice is appreciated!