Is this build any good for a strictly gaming PC for under $650

NicholasNeurotic

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
I asked for a custom build on a Reddit sub, but Ive heard that sometimes people will purposely give bad advice. I was hoping you fine people could check it for me and maybe make any suggestions

Thank you

$650 Gaming PC

SVTruong

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
This all depends on how good you want it. For $650 you can build or buy a fairly well pre-built/second hand machine. A mid-level machine like the one you spec'd should be well within reach.

At the end of the day, all that really matters for a "strictly gaming PC" is a good graphics card and processor and memory to support it. Expect to pay 200-300 for a mid level card and spend the rest on supporting components. With every piece of hardware the value/performance drops of considerably after a certain point.

NicholasNeurotic

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Thank you for your reply, I'm still new to building. This is going to be my first one and I just want to be doubly sure that it will at least be able to run current games at a decent setting. I know for 650 I'm not gonna get 4k ultra gaming, but Id like to be able to keep up with games for at least a few years