Just got into Anime, need Suggestion for more :D!

M0j0jojo

Honorable
Anime watched/watching:
Attack on Titan (Watched)
Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Watched)
Sword Art Online 1/2 (Watched)
Akame Ga Kill (watching dubbed)
Ultimate Otaku Teacher (Watched)
Tokyo Ghoul (Starting Today)
I need more suggestions I would like the anime to be preferably 24 episodes Thanks!

Swinginking

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Death note
Parasyte
Blue exorcist
Fairy Tail (for the long haul)
God eater (on hiatus so good..)
Gangsta ^ Hiatus too
BlackButler
and...GTO Great teacher onizuka (feel-good comedy)

I nearly forgot: Code Geass
and Steins Gate
I promise you will love Parasyte: The Maxim

M0j0jojo

Honorable

I like all kinds of shows, from Romance to Action, I just want them to have a good story. I'm watching Tokyo Ghoul and the story is really nice.

M0j0jojo

Honorable

I like the your list, im planning on watching those

avatar the last airbender i believe would technically be a cartoon given its origination here in the west however it is done in a style resembling anime. some hardcore purists might argue that its not an anime, but given the similarities i could certainly see how it is mistaken for one and personally what its classified as doesnt bother me.

i have to say that ATLA is certainly one of the best anime-like western cartoons i've seen. that along with batman

let me chime in with some true classics, most are very old school.

Girls Und Panzer (12 eps, 6 short OVAs (~10 mins. ea), 1 log OVA (~37 min), and a 90 minute movie.
2012: High school sports drama where the most feminine of sports is TANK COMBAT in WW2 replicas. fairly new, but done in an older style (and the premise is CRAZY AWESOME)

Bubblegum Crisis - 8 ~1 hr OVAs (1987-91), Old school classic. Cyberpunk by way of Iron Man. 4 Mercenaries in power armor vs a gigantic megacorp. Had a late 90s remake, Bubblegum Crisis 2040. Both on Hulu

Ranma 1/2: (1989-93): another old-school classic. Martial Arts comedy of gender. Ranma Saotome and his Dad Genma went on a martial arts training trip to china, and fell in to magical pools where creatures drowned: Genma turns into a Panda. Ranma turns into a GIRL. If that wasn't enough, his deadbeat dad has betrothed ranma to MULTIPLE potential Fiances, all of whom are also master martial artists.

Tenchi Muyo: 3 OVA series and 2 TV series. and several spin offs, some of whivh remap the characters into different situations, The OVAs and EACH TV series is a slightly different continuity. One of the great Toonami shows of the 1990s, and probably the definitive Harem anime (where a bunch of interesting female characters are attracted to a cypher-like male that audiences can project themselves onto)

Yamato 2199: 2011 remake of 1974's Space Battleship Yamato. Space Opera at its finest. They updated the Animation level to modern film-quality, and added more female characters, but the basic plot is the same from 1974. In the year 2199, Earth is losing a war with the interstellar Gamalan Empire. The surface of the earth has been bombed to uninhabitable radiation levels, and the survivors of humanity dwell in underground cities. for two years, after getting a message from Starsha of Isadar, Humanity has been buildng a last desperate hope, now ready..but the radiation levels are creeping down toward the cities. Only 1 year is left to humanity. The IJN Yamato has been rebuilt as that last desperate starship, and it has 1 year (365 days) to travel from earth to Iscandar in the Lesser Magellanic cloud, 144,000 light years away, and back, in their way is the entire Gamalas Navy.

Record of Lodoss War, An OVA series (1990-92) and 26 episode tv series (1996), they split continuity about OVA episode 7 or 8. one of the best examples of cross-cultural osmosis for integrating all the best known Western fantasy tropes in an anime. Its actually based on the author's 1979-81 college D&D game!

K-On! and K-On!! (2009-10), Cute girls form a band and do cute things.

Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind (1984), Kiki's Delivery Service (1989), Princess Mononoke (1998), Spirited Away (2001): the greatest films by Japan's greatest anime director, Hayao Miyazaki.

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (1979): the first, and most influential of the Lupin films, of which there is now one every year. Lupin is a lovable thief who tends to do the impossible with his gang: crack shot Jigen, Samurai Goemon, and femme fatale Fujiko, always pursued by Tokyo Police Detective Inspector Zenigata. This has Lupin infiltrating a massive counterfeiting ring

Project A-Ko (1986): hilarious parody of all 1980s anime.

AKIRA (1988): ultra violent cyberpunk/psionic anime film. in post-apocalyptic Neo-Tokyo, a bike ganger gains psychic powers he can barely control

if you want a short list (definition of short debatable here...) of titles i would consider must-watch..

bleach, fairy tail or one piece. at least one of the 3 is worth checking out.
mobile suit gundam thunderbolt (currently airing)
mobile suit gundam iron blooded orphans (currently airing)
time of shura
air gear
aldnoah zero
akira
samurai harem
bastard
berserk
beelzebub
hellsing
black lagoon
break blade
busou renkin
captain harlock (movie)
cowboy bebop
trigun
detroit metal city (animation is crap, but its hilarious)
devil may cry
dragonball z
danmachi (give it at least till episode 5 before making a decision)
final fantasy vii
full metal panic
gasaraki
ghost in the shell
grappler baki
gto
hajime no ippo
demon king daimo
inuyasha
war on geminar (one of my own favorites and where my avatar came from)
kaze no stigma
kekkaishi
log horizon (since you watched sword art)
lord marksman and vanadis
the irregular at magic high school (its so good i've rewatched it a dozen times)
princess mononoke
no game no life
one punch man
rise of the nura clan
problem children are coming from another world arent they
rurouni kenshin (read the manga)
shounen onmyouji
gargantia on the verdurous planet
vampire hunter d movie #2 bloodlust
vandread
yu yu hakusho

there are of course many more excellent titles that you should watch, but these are some "must watch" shows in my opinion.

M0j0jojo

Honorable

I will attempt to give all of them a shot. Thanks again :D

M0j0jojo

Honorable
So I just finished watching Tokyo Ghoul both 1 and 2nd season, and i'm hoping for a 3rd season because I really liked it. But i'm probably going to watch Parasyte maxim next.

some of those are good titles, they just did not fit with what i normally watch. i've seen a few of them though.

sometimes the old shows can be a bit corny, but that doesnt make them less good.

M0j0jojo

Honorable

Yea I watched first season of Durarara, it had a gloomy environment to it, so i stopped at first season, but since u say it gets better, I might go back to it xD. and yea i'm planning on watching those, my friends told me to watch them too lol

you might want to say if you liked shows or not so we could better help with what you should watch next..

i watched S/F N... honestly i was not terribly impressed with the series. it was "okay" and that was about it.

you might want to watch "mahouka koukou no rettousei" next. (the irregular at magic high school). give it a few episodes to get the ball rolling but if you like overpowered main characters its a great watch and on my top list of favorites.

M0j0jojo

Honorable

yea I found it S/F N okay as well, I just like shows with good stories. like SAO, Fullmetal, and Tokyo Ghoul

Girls und Panzer.

Watch it!

Cute girls doing Cute things ... in TANKS!

tumblr_ni7v2i73Al1ti1gm1o1_500.gif