Event 7031 causing slow shutdown times

joegilrod

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
I have noticed very slow shutdown times on a new computer I have built and opened event logs to notice 4 instances of event id 7031 on shutdown.
The User Data Access_5ba8c service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
The User Data Storage_5ba8c service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
The Contact Data_5ba8c service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
The Sync Host_5ba8c service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Now I have tried searching for a fix for this and have tried a few different methods but to no avail, anyone can help me fix this?

Solution
I posted this in another thread but you can try it.

I believe i've found a fix. I received two errors in my event viewer.

Event 7031 // The User Data Access_f8e37e2 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Event 7011 // A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the avgsvc service.

As you can see both prompt a Time out of XXXX Milliseconds. I believe this is what is causing the hangs in shut down.

Now for me, this problem fixed it.

For Event 7031 I opened the CMD as Administrator. I first entered.

sc stop "OneSyncSvc"

I recieved an error. I then entered

sc config...

NineWorlds

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
I posted this in another thread but you can try it.

I believe i've found a fix. I received two errors in my event viewer.

Event 7031 // The User Data Access_f8e37e2 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Event 7011 // A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the avgsvc service.

As you can see both prompt a Time out of XXXX Milliseconds. I believe this is what is causing the hangs in shut down.

Now for me, this problem fixed it.

For Event 7031 I opened the CMD as Administrator. I first entered.

sc stop "OneSyncSvc"

I recieved an error. I then entered

sc config "OneSyncSvc" start= disabled

I was prompted with a "Success" indicating that what i entered stopped One sync.
Now this is tied to Windows 10's Sync feature I believe, it is suppose to disable apps such as "People, Calender" etc... Correct me if I'm wrong.
After I typed both of those in the CMD as Admin I have not received Error 7031.

For error 7011, It was tied to AVG anti Virus. Every time I would shut down it would hang. ( Though I had no clue ). Simply uninstalling fixed this issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS