Need a few questions answered with regards to installing Windows 10 on a built PC

xcreepx

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I plan on leaving my CD-ROM in the past, and use a USB drive to install windows 10 ( I want windows 7:( ) Here is the link to Newegg to the USB windows 10 I plan on using; http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832588528&cm_re=windows_7_usb-_-32-588-528-_-Product

Now, under requirements, It says Internet access required, maybe I am a noob for asking, but wouldn't the PC not have internet access until windows is installed? I can't seem to make sense of it. Lets say I went ahead and bought it, Plug in the USB then what?! hehe, I will be using SSD if that helps, Once I get into the UEIF or BIOS, then what?

Solution
No problem. Internet access is required to install updates that came after that USB is made and to activate windows. If you have wired internet connection windows will use built in drivers to connect to internet even during boot from USB.
If you have WiFi and in case windows doesn't pick it up immediately and connect to internet you will have possibility to do all that once windows is installed.
In any case it will be installed and operational just in local mode.
No problem. Internet access is required to install updates that came after that USB is made and to activate windows. If you have wired internet connection windows will use built in drivers to connect to internet even during boot from USB.
If you have WiFi and in case windows doesn't pick it up immediately and connect to internet you will have possibility to do all that once windows is installed.
In any case it will be installed and operational just in local mode.

Solution