If i have a Ultra wide monitor and want to record can i make it so that it's not ultra wide recording?

ToxicKarKar

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
So this is sorta hard to explain but.. If i have a Ultra wide display like 21:9 aspect ratio and stuff.. you get it its 1080p but with 20% more stuff to look at kinda because its wider.
so lets say i want to record but when i record with ultra wide its wide and it has black bars on the top and bottom on the video. can i change the resolution so its normal 1920 x 1080 so its not stretched. because overall i really want a ultra wide monitor for when im NOT recording
sorry for not being able to explain very well.

Solution
You have two options:
1) You have to play at 1920x1080 so you can record at 16:9
2) Record it with 21:9, edit it to 16:9 format in any video editing program. (Sony Vegas is good).

I imagine you wouldn't want option 1, so option 2 is your best bet. If you can move a game's HUD to the inside of the screen more then you don't have to deal with HUD cutting out of the screen.

OldAmazingBrain

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
Are you using windows 7? If you are, go to your desktop, right click, go to screen resolution, click on resolution and drag it to the desired resolution. If you're uploading to YouTube, I think it scales the videos automatically (not sure)

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
You have two options:
1) You have to play at 1920x1080 so you can record at 16:9
2) Record it with 21:9, edit it to 16:9 format in any video editing program. (Sony Vegas is good).

I imagine you wouldn't want option 1, so option 2 is your best bet. If you can move a game's HUD to the inside of the screen more then you don't have to deal with HUD cutting out of the screen.

Solution