Sound menu says HDMI is disconnected when I select playback devices.

MJOLNIRMARKFIVE

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Pre patch I had my Laptop updated to windows 10 and used my TV via HDMI to play vidoe/audio literally no issues. This most recent forced patch has broken that capability for me. I have uninstalled the drivers/reinstalled the drivers and even went so far as to install non proprietary drivers from Realtek and HP on my Acer. All through the Device manager. When I right click audio from the task bar and select the playback devices tab the list shows that my HDMI cable is disconnected no matter what I do. on a side not I can not go to Intel and use their automatic update tool because it detects that Acer installed their own Display drivers and it tells me I have to go there.
I have multiple HDMI cables and 3 hdmi ports on TV. only thing I can't test for is if my HDMI output port on my laptop has damage to it.

Solution
Can you please pass on your full systems specs? Since this is a laptop, please pass on your Laptops make and model number. The issue can be the graphics card drivers and inclusive of the Realtek drivers.

TRENDING THREADS