Monitor won't Turn On, But PC Does

FireVortex720

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hey guys,
Usually, I connect my R9 270X to my monitor using a VGA cable, using a DVI-VGA adapter to plug into to the R9 270x.
Today, I took out the adapter and VGA cable, and I used a HDMI cable to connect the R9 270X to my HDTV, so i can use my TV as a monitor, instead of my actual monitor.
It worked fine on my TV and Win 10 autmatically detected the 1080p resolution of my TV and so did Radeon software.

I then took out the HDMI cables and reverted back to my VGA monitor. However, here is the problem - The PC turns on fine(PSU fan runs, VGA fan runs, lights turn on, I can even use the macro keys on my keyboard to turn my PC to sleep), BUT the monitor does not turn on.
I Can see the usual red light on the power button, but it doesn't turn to blue(when it turns on) when I turn on my PC.

Any help would be apperciated.

Specs - i3 3220, 6GB RAM, R9 270X, CoolerMaster 600w PSU, 240GB Sandisk SSD w/ 500GB WD HDD.

Solution
Is the monitor on the right input?
Does the monitor work on any other devices, ie laptop?
have you tried another monitor on the same cable?

FireVortex720

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

lol, you're post gave me the inspiration to do this:
I tried connected my VGA cable from my laptop to my monitor in an attempt to use the monitor as output instead of the laptop screen. didn't work lol.
So then I put the cables back into my monitor and pulled out my monitor's power cable and then turned on my PC.
I then turned my monitor's power on(forcing my monitor to turn on) and it worked!!!
Very odd problem, but thanks for your help!