command prompt noob here needs help

WiFiDenied

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
So I know this might seem a little bit stupid.. But I just tried to fix my windows 10 xbox app and what I did was to follow what this guy did ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVdJilqUDls ), the first thing he did didn't work for me so with out really thinking much about it I tried the other thing he did with the Command prompt. But now after I have done it and it didn't help Im really worried that I did something bad by entering that Command prompt thing he did. So my question is does that command thing activate something or what did it do ? :(

Thanks in advance

Solution
Back up any and/or all critical data on your system. You're lucky you didn't experience anything bad with that CMD procedure. Windows 10 is found to be delicate and even changes via regedit, powershell, CMD or even renaming files in Windows can cause it to go belly up. If you can yet boot into OS I'd suggest you to perform a system restore if the issue began after a mandatory windows update and if that fails try and perform a repair install.

Lutfij

Titan
Back up any and/or all critical data on your system. You're lucky you didn't experience anything bad with that CMD procedure. Windows 10 is found to be delicate and even changes via regedit, powershell, CMD or even renaming files in Windows can cause it to go belly up. If you can yet boot into OS I'd suggest you to perform a system restore if the issue began after a mandatory windows update and if that fails try and perform a repair install.

Solution

Tinamaxico

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
Seems like there are some internal files got corrupted that's why you are having such kind of problem with your computer. so you need to perform factory restore it on the back date, when it was working fine.