Nvidia driver blue screen?

Thund3rFox

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
So I'm on Windows 10 Pro, and a while back before I reset Windows and am where I am now, anything Minecraft related would crash as soon as it finished loading. So I'd open up a modpack or just plain Minecraft and as soon as it got to the title screen, boom, blue screen (Page fault in non paged area) so I looked everywhere for answers but none of them worked. Ultimately I just reset my PC (while keeping files if it makes a difference). So after installing my programs again Minecraft was no longer an issue, it worked as expected. Fast forward to today. I open up Nvidia Geforce Experience to use Shadowplay, I click on Shadowplay, flip the on switch, and when I click the "Allow Desktop Capture" button, Bam same exact blue screen as before. I have tested both my RAM and SSD (windows memtest and Samsung magician's test for my 850 Evo) I don't know what is causing it anymore, if anyone has any ideas, I could like test and see if the bluescreen occurs while on my integrated graphics or something. (Not sure if Geforce Experience would even open without my card though.

System Specs:
CPU: 4790K
GPU: Msi GTX 970 4G
PSU: Evga 650 watt supernova
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo

Any ideas or help is appreciated :ange:

Solution
Ok
Can you go to:
My Computer\C:\Windows\Minidump folder and to tell me have there some files?
If you haven't Minidump folder is ok,if you have Minidump folder please send me the files in her(spokoino2@abv.bg with subject: DMP files)to can i see these files for the reason on your problem.
Do you try to repair your Windows?Is possible to have some problem with some files.If you not try this one,try it.

Thund3rFox

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
As I stated, the blue screen error is a "page fault in a non paged area"

I have tried most page filing related things like adjusting page filing and testing RAM and SSD.

Edit: Yes, I've even tried installing old drivers.

Thund3rFox

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
I'm not home right now, I forgot if it's automatic or if I have to push the power button, but I don't need the reset switch. Windows boots back up fine. As of now that's the only issue I've found that causes a blue screen.

Edit: I just looked at a picture I took, it says "we'll restart for you" on the blue screen

Thund3rFox

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
It appears every time I click "allow desktop capture" for Shadowplay. Minecraft works fine now, but it used to happen when minecraft finished loading. It would happen without fail, every time... and same thing for now, happens every time I click "allow desktop capture.

MASTER OF DARKNESS

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Ok
Can you go to:
My Computer\C:\Windows\Minidump folder and to tell me have there some files?
If you haven't Minidump folder is ok,if you have Minidump folder please send me the files in her(spokoino2@abv.bg with subject: DMP files)to can i see these files for the reason on your problem.
Do you try to repair your Windows?Is possible to have some problem with some files.If you not try this one,try it.

Solution

Thund3rFox

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Thanks for all the help dude! It actually ended up being this program called Duet Display. It installed a couple system files that were buggy. I'm talking to the devs about fixing it. Thank you so much for the help :D

srakir

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016

Hey! I'm having that exact same problem! Did the devs figure something out already? I'm hoping to use the app again in combination with my HDMI port. :)