Best Dual Monitor Displays (Multi-Monitor setup)

harveylewis12

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
So i am looking for two monitors for my PC to replace my current dual monitors that are odd.

I have a budget of up to £200 for each monitor, maybe a tiny bit more at a push as i am looking to have both monitors on a monitor mount (VESA)

I need good picture and contrast ratio, good response time TN panel.

60hz or 120hz or 144hz.

Maybe a recommendation for all the different 'hz'

Asus VN247H is good because it sleek and thin beveled.

Asus VG248QE is good but it has thick bevels and i don't like the look of it too much

thanks,

JerryJF

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I'm not recommending any monitors cos different people have different taste, but I just want to offer this advice: dont buy two different monitors.
different brand and its refresh rate can increase your gpu temp quite a lot, while two identical monitors dont increase as much.
Good luck finding new monitors!

harveylewis12

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

Hi,

Really? I never knew that... i have two different monitors but both a 60hz, would this make a difference? Does it also affect CPU temps at all?

I am just looking for some decent monitors that loo nice together :)

JerryJF

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

I have a 4 monitor setup, temps do go up only on gpu not cpu, since gpu is responsible for graphic processing. I believe the ms response time also play a role here.
From experience, some different brands with different response time can play nicely together, but same monitor is always the recommended way to go, for both performance and aesthetics consistency.
for example, years ago, my LG and acer monitors worked fine with only marginal temp increase, but my samsung just wouldnt play nice with any of my monitors on either of my computers at the time. I noticed a 14degrees difference by including my samsung in the setup on one of the computer.

harveylewis12

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

Do you use 24 inch monitors? If so which ones, do you stick with 60Hz monitors or go above 100Hz (120 or 144)? Do they flow over the monitors nicely? I'm looking for a thin bevel but not so think that it looks stupid.

JerryJF

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

I'm using dell's 27 inch ultrasharp that I got a long time ago. I only got those because dell had a sale on that model at the time. Hz is not a problem for me because I'm using my setup for work purposes. But if you are a gamer, 60Hz plus is what you should be aiming for if your budget allows it, especially with Gsync and Freesync monitor on the market now.

TRENDING THREADS