Torrent Programs Crashing Windows 10 (Again)

CAllenR

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
So I posted about this a while back, here's a link to that thread-
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2901950/torrent-programs-crashing-computer.html

-but to reiterate, this time I'm downloading a file that's 22g and every 5-10% of progress, my computer will hang until it restarts. This only happens in torrent programs, not direct downloads. This is essentially the same behavior from last time. Last time, this was solved by running an antivirus regimen that was linked in the previous thread. This time, my system is seemingly clean, according to MalwareBytes, RogueKiller, ADWcleaner and Avast and none of these are helping.

Now, between then and now, I've reinstalled windows for an unrelated issue and it's since the reinstall that things are acting up, however, it didn't seem to come after any particular change, as I've only installed a handful of games on Steam and Origin and not much else (data cap). To my knowledge, all my drivers are up to date.

So I've uploaded the MEMORY.dmp file as well as the last two MiniDump files relevant to this issue. Any help would (again) be greatly appreciated. Thanks, friends.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B412A8268A1B9344!704&authkey=!AABDWGXqg4PkKC8&ithint=file%2czip

Solution
Give this a try it will update all your drivers: http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Causes of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen Errors

• Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
    Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
    Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
    Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
    Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
    Error 0x50 blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
That dump file is showing a problem with your wireless driver bcmwl63a.sys , you need to update your wireless drivers.
Also the file may be corrupt you will want to do a chkdsk with scan for bad sectors then sfc /scannow.
Also you may have bad ram best to check with memtest86.
Can also be malware related rootkit.

CAllenR

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015

That's strange. I ran chkdsk and sfc/ scannow and both came back without errors. I also ran the Kaspersky for rootkit problems that Ceotase linked me and that came back fine too. I've yet to run memtest86.

The Dell website doesn't have any drivers newer than what I already have installed. The Broadcom site only has drivers Linux, unless I'm making a monumentally stupid mistake in searching for them.

Ceotase

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
Have you tried another large file, just to test if it's file corruption we're dealing with? As I'm sure you're aware, torrent sites are notoriously "Hacker Playpens".

CAllenR

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015

Memtest86 came back without any errors either. I suppose I'll have to try another file, although I'm dubious considering I've never had any problems since before the first time this occured and I've been torrenting for many years. :??:

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Give this a try it will update all your drivers: http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Causes of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen Errors

• Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
    Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
    Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
    Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
    Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
    Error 0x50 blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA blue screen errors can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues.

Is the cpu fan cooling fins clear of dust? have you checked your cpu temps?.

Solution
the bugcheck show that the stack used by the wireless driver was corrupted, any other driver can do this.

I would think this old scanner is messing up the system (messing up your other virus scanners)
remove
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV64.SYS Thu Jul 21 16:03:00 2011
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL64.SYS Tue Jul 12 14:00:01 2011

if this does not resolve the problem you have to find out what overwrote the stack. to do this you have to start cmd.exe as an admin then run
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot.
if verifier detects that some driver is writing outside of its memory space it will call a bugcheck and name the driver.
Note: know how to get into safe mode (f8 or shift+f8) so you can turn off verifier via
verifier.exe /reset
after the next bugcheck. The next bugcheck should name the driver that is doing the corruption rather than naming the driver that crashed because its data was corrupted.
the driver will be named in the memory dump.

CAllenR

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
A different file didn't make a difference. I'm gonna uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware and then run Driver Booster. If that doesn't work. I'll run verifier and all that good stuff and report back. Really appreciate the help so far, folks.

EDIT: Driver Booster found 13 old ass drivers, including my network card, weirdly. So this is interesting. No update other than that but dang man.

When installer a USB controller, my monitor crashed and recovered several times. I think it's because I clicked on the warning like 20 times but is this normal?

CAllenR

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
Hopefully this isn't premature but either uninstalling SuperAntiSpyware or the new drivers that DriverBooster found and installed have appeared to solve my problem. I let UTorrent run overnight and to my delight, it finished downloading the last 30% and was seeding when I woke up. This is much longer than it's ever ran without crashing so I'm pretty sure it's solved. Hopefully I won't have to make this thread again in a few weeks.

I'm at a bit of a loss on whose answer to select as solution but I I guess I'm gonna go with TechGuy911 since I think it was the network driver that took care of it. I appreciate both JohnBl and Ceotase very much for your suggestions though and they may have contributed for all I know. Thanks so much guys!

The old virus scanner can mess up the new scanner that is scanning the network downloads. Causes things to back up and stop working