Need help, which PCI-E wifi/bluetooth card for old desktop....

map_guy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
I have an old HP A6650F desktop I am updating for a family room. I'd like to add a a wireless card and give it bluetooth capability, but have only one small PCI-E card open.

I see mixed reviews regarding drivers on all the wireless cards out there, any suggestions?

My router is an AirPort Express, but don't need G support. An older card might be fine and be cheaper, this is just a family project.

Wireless is the big thing, bluetooth would be nice. How do people handle this with desktops?

map_guy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Thanks for the reply, I ended finding this on amazon.com...

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GC-WB867D-I-Bluetooth-Frequency-Compatible/dp/B019JH89YI/ref=sr_1_4?srs=2529481011&ie=UTF8&qid=1452565631&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth

The reviews are mixed when you read the review from the older model, I was also considering a very expensive ASUS wireless card with fancy red fins on it for a lot more. But I have only one extra PCI-E slot and this gives me wireless and bluetooth, so at least the old PC will have a few things the newer PC has.

This needs a USB header on the motherboard which my 5 year old computer has, so I figured I'd try it out.

I just have to worry about the drivers now. Ill just hope for the best, there seems to be a lot of issues with old hardware diving because of windows 10.