Can i block a user on here? Moderator help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCameAsARoman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Im having a issue where i simply posted a thread asking for help about my PC case, and people were telling me to buy hardware when i stated im not going to buy new hardware, and i told the guy that telling me to buy new hardware isn't helping me with questions that i have for someone that has knowledge in that category then he said i was getting pissy and stuff when clearly i have no reason to get bent-out-of-shape over some random dude on the internet. Here because i was told this site has helpful people. Not people that try to direct you to sites that sell you hardware.

EDIT: thread got deleted.. Better then nothing, although i wish i didn't waste my time with a legitimate concern about PC hardware... Suppose ill use a different site on the internet for help.

iCameAsARoman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
It got deleted..... I reported the guy for harassment and my whole thread that i typed out got deleted.. UGH im not happy right now.. i was trying to find out info and simple help, but clearly that cannot be done on here.. Im going to have to try another site besides tomshardware where people actually help and not try to sell you things.

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

toms hardware doesn't try to sell you things, its a public forum, trolls exist just ignore them and move on, we sit here and sift through threads helping people, maybe you asked for a pc case and he gave you a link to one just trying to be helpful? or it could have been a troll, they're are rarely trolls here, ignore them and give this site another chance for hardware related help:)

iCameAsARoman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015

It was about me swapping my PSU swapping with another and people said the PSU's were cheap, and linking me to sites to buy a new PSU. Like 4 people posted in a row criticizing my current PSU and this other one im getting for FREE. The issues i had dealt with installing the new on and me not wanting to mess anything up and not being sure how the power button and other components of my case. Worries aboutl disconnecting and reconnecting etc etc. and other things like my gauges and lights and stuff within my case. It was very very detailed... a lot of typing i put into it.. to be deleted...

Not sure why it duplicated your post.

The thread was deleted because it devolved into a pissing contest. You were given sound advice, the fact that it wasn't what you wanted to hear is in no way justification for you to make personal attacks on other members (read the TOS and forum rules that you agreed to abide by when you created your account).

Status
Not open for further replies.