Windows 10 Update Make It So You Can't Connect To The Internet?

Jon_3_

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I had a problem recently where I already had Windows 10 on my computer (from Win 7 I did a free update to Win 10) and I downloaded a huge "service pack" to update Win 10 to the most up to date version (this happened on 01/11/16). After everything was installed and rebooted, I couldn't access the internet. I would get popups on my computer saying that there was already a computer with my IP address on the network. I could connect to the network, but I couldn't access the internet. This was the case for either on LAN or on WIFI. All of my CMD settings were fine, but the trick was here:

In "Network and Sharing Center" open up the connection and go to "Properties". The "Local Area Connection/WIFI properties box will open, and only select "Internet Protocol Version 4", "Internet Protocol 6", and these if you have them ("Client for Microsoft Networks", "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks", and "QoS Packet Scheduler - these will probably be the first three options in that box)

wifi_lan_not_working.jpg

Then, click "Ok" and then when the box goes away, click "Close". Refresh an internet page, and it should work.

I just wanted to share this to the community in hopes that it can help someone, because I couldn't find the fix for this. If this is posted in the wrong section, please forgive me and I ask that the Mods can move it to the correct section.

Lutfij

Titan
I'll answer to this thread to help keep it alive and not automatically delete once the 3 month threshold is reached though I must ask, is there an alternative to doing the above stated method? I ask since any and/or all modifications usually tend to throw Windows 10 into a downward spiral.