[SOLVED] How do I remove the password for startup screen and lock screen?

guymarshall

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015
I really want to get rid of the windows 10 password for logins because it is extremely annoying, I have looked online and many people say I should use WINDOWS+R > netplwiz, but it never works. Is there any way to get rid of microsoft's force on password use?

Solution
If you are linked to an online account - you must have a password.

You can create a use a PIN number so you can just type in numbers from the number key pad. I use that at home for quicker log ins. Even for a local account w/ a password you can create a PIN. Also - even if you use the same WindowsID to log into your Win10 - each device can have a different local PIN number.

I think the only way to not have a password is to create and use a local account for logging in. If you use a local account that already has a password - you can't "update" it to a null password.

guymarshall

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015

I've tried that before and just now and it says "this information is required". If I reenter my old password it says that message under the create password box.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
If you are linked to an online account - you must have a password.

You can create a use a PIN number so you can just type in numbers from the number key pad. I use that at home for quicker log ins. Even for a local account w/ a password you can create a PIN. Also - even if you use the same WindowsID to log into your Win10 - each device can have a different local PIN number.

I think the only way to not have a password is to create and use a local account for logging in. If you use a local account that already has a password - you can't "update" it to a null password.

Solution

guymarshall

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015

Is there any way of creating a local account and using it on my pc with all my files etc??