Weird one time flash every 15 minutes at login screen

clifford64

Honorable
May 18, 2014
Every 15 minutes or so, I get a one time flash of the login screen trying to login and then it goes back to the regular login screen. I have checked event viewer and it says that in security logs, one process was activated and it has the event ID of 4798 and it is the logonUI.exe causing this to happen. The process starting it is 784 which is ISASS.exe which has to do with windows authenticating a user. So my question is why is this happening? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? It is more of an ocd thing as to why I want this to stop.

P.S. I have windows 10 professional and have recently done a clean install and it still does it after the clean install. I have an i7 6700k, asrock k6 mobo, 24gb ram, gtx 770. This never happened on my windows 8 installation.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Start by doing a BIOS update with it's latest.
- Here's the download link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z170%20Gaming%20K6/?cat=Download&os=BIOS
- Once installed do open Task Manager and go to Startup tab and disable all startup items.
- Reboot your PC and see if the same problem will persist.
- Also, run Windows Update and install all updates available.

Hopefully this will help in solving that issue. :)

clifford64

Honorable
May 18, 2014
I'm very sorry about that, I did not mean to select it as best answer. But I have latest bios and all windows updates, I will try the disable startup items, but I think it still does it before I login for the first time.

clifford64

Honorable
May 18, 2014
I have tried most of the obvious things already. I am going into IT with certifications in A+ and Network+. I already have latest updates, bios, and I shutdown daily. I tried the disable all on startup, but it does seem to still happen, but I noticed I have to login first and then go back to lock screen. It will not do it when I start my computer up and don't log in.